Offstreet Technology Maintains Effective Security Controls According to Recent SOC 2 SM Report
Offstreet Technology has undergone a System and Organization Controls (SOC) 2 SM examination resulting in a CPA’s report stating that management of Offstreet Technology maintained effective controls over the security, availability, processing integrity, confidentiality, and privacy of its systems. The engagement was performed by BARR Advisory, P.A.
A SOC 2 SM report is designed to meet the needs of existing or potential customers who need assurance about the effectiveness of controls used by the service organization to process customers’ information.
"We are pleased that our SOC 2 SM report has shown we have the appropriate controls in place to mitigate risks related to security, availability, processing integrity” said Kyle Smyth, CTO of Offstreet Technology. “Our customers have put their trust in us, not just as a vendor, but are relying on us for a majority of their own business operations. A SOC2 certification shows that we follow all industry best practices and have plans and procedures in place to handle the unexpected. ”
The following principles and related criteria have been developed by the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) for use by practitioners in the performance of trust services engagements:
- Security: The system is protected against unauthorized access (both physical and logical).
- Availability: The system is available for operation and use as committed or agreed.
- Processing Integrity: System processing is complete, valid, accurate, timely, and authorized to meet the entity’s objectives.
- Confidentiality: Information designated as confidential is protected as committed or agreed.
- Privacy: Personal information is collected, used, retained, disclosed, and disposed of to meet the entity’s objectives.
- HIPAA Security Rule Requirements: The system is compliant with the applicable HIPAA Security Rule requirements set forth in the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ (HHS) Health Information Portability and Accountability Act.
A SOC 2 SM report is an internal control report on the services provided by a service organization to its customers and provides valuable information that existing and potential customers of the service organization need to assess and address the risks associated with an outsourced service.
Current and prospective customers interested in a copy of our SOC 2 SM report may contact Kyle Smyth (firstname.lastname@example.org).
About Offstreet Technology
Offstreet's license plate-based parking permitting software helps organizations self-manage their employee, customer, and guest parking. Offstreet provides a hands off solution that enables parking operators to convert to a fully digital and decal-less environment.
About BARR Advisory
BARR Advisory is a cloud-based security and compliance solutions provider, specializing in cybersecurity consulting and compliance for Software as a Service (SaaS) companies. A trusted advisor to some of the fastest growing cloud-based organizations around the globe, BARR simplifies compliance across multiple regulatory and customer requirements in highly regulated industries including technology, financial services, healthcare, and government.
BARR Advisory services include:
- Compliance Program Assistance
- SOC 1 Examinations
- SOC 2 and 3 Examinations
- SOC for Cybersecurity
- PCI DSS Assessment Services
- ISO 27001 Assessments
- FedRAMP Security Assessments
- HIPAA and HITECH Services
- Penetration Testing and Vulnerability Assessments
- Virtual CISO services